I am STILL sick at home but while I was watching "The View", I looked at my watch and it was 11am. So... I decided to call on a whim (even though many of my favorite - more expensive - purses were taken)... and I WON! OMG I WON!
Now to be honest, I do not think I'll keep it - I'll probably sell it on eBay and buy another purse, but here it is:
It's a Coach Reese Printed Python Mini Flap. Pretty sweet right? Proof that persistence pays off and wm IS NOT A QUITTER! Seriously, this just made my day - especially since I am stuck in Ohio and ill. Wow... I cannot believe it! I also think it's funny that I am not even in DC right now and I still won while in Ohio!
Anyways, I will be posting more soon AND I will show you the purse when I get it :-)
I am really sick. I have a fever and everything. The worst part is that I drove home for the weekend and then became ill. Now, I have to drive 5-hours back tomorrow because I already missed a day of classes. Ugh. Double Ugh. Triple Ugh.
I hope your week started out better than mine :-(
Sorry for the quick post but I have a quick question:
If I have something I bought from Sephora (never opened or used) and I do not have the receipt, is there anyway they can look it up on the computer to exchange for something else?
I should know the answer to this... any advice?
I love Project Runway but I am not too obsessed with this season. I feel like the contestants are not as interesting as they have been in the past (umm Austin, Santino, Chris... need I say more?).
This brings me to Kenley. I CANNOT believe that she wasn't kicked off this week! She was terrible and COMPLETELY missed the concept!
It makes me wonder two things:
1. Is Kenley really a b*tch or are they portraying her that way because the contestants are not too interesting this season?
2. With #1 in mind, did they keep her on just because she causes drama and therefore higher ratings?
Don't get me wrong, Suede is not my favorite either but he should not have been kicked off. Kenley was way off AND rude to Tim! You just don't do that.
Tabitha's Salon Takeover:
I just have to say that this is the FUNNIEST show ever. Dan and I watch it together (I make him but I think he really likes it) and we laugh our asses off! Tabitha is so funny and always right on point! If you haven't tried this show out yet, please do - you won't be sorry!
Here are 7 random and/or weird facts about myself:
1. I dyed my hair black last year and regretted it (it's still taking forever to come out completely!). Until then, I have had some short styled haircuts! Now, I want to grow it back out (does anyone have some growing potion??)
2. I am not a huge fan of the color pink which is humorous because my apartment has a pink bathroom.
3. I am sometimes scared of the dark.
4. I am OBSESSED with everything Apple. I read this website on a daily basis.
5. My shoulders are double jointed so that when I hold my hands together and pull my arms behind my head, they can go all around rather than stopping.
6. At one time of my life, I was enrolled in Clown School. I ended up dropping out.
7. I get excited to watch the Soup on E! with Dan because it's about celebrities AND Dan likes it which is a bonus!
I am passing this on to some of my new blogging buddies! Make sure to check them out - I have learned a lot from them and they always have something interesting/funny to say!
The Preppy Engineer
Peep Toe Pumps and Pearls
Nautical by Nature
Her Highness of Cute
OH and btw, I changed the name of my blog to just "...Wearing Mascara". Just wanted to point that out! I hope you like it.
Have a GREAT day! :-)
Since it's fall, I am trying to think of new ways to spice up my wardrobe! Here are two of my must-have items on my wish list:
1. This Hobo International Gathered Top Shopper:
It's on sale through Nordstrums for $198 which is in my price range for a fall bag (Don't tell my boyfriend though!) :-)
2. THEN, you have the J. Crew Wellies. I have to admit that I got this idea from my little sister, V. She was sporting these babies in yellow when I saw her during Labor Day weekend. Since then, I have been obsessing over them! J. Crew does not have the yellow ones, but they do have these navy Printed Critters Wellies! They have cute little hound dogs - if only they had ratties on them! Here are the Wellies:
These are on sale for $45.50. I would go ahead and buy them BUT (and I hate to admit this) I've never bought shoes from J.Crew so I don't know my exact size so I'll have to go to the store and pray that they have them. I do wish they still had yellow ones though. I don't see them on the website. If they did, they would go PERFECTLY with my yellow Marc Jacobs umbrella (I found it at Cusp for $20!):
Does anyone know where I could find yellow wellies?
I really wish I could pick more than two but right now they are all I can afford. Another thing I DO want though is a soft BRIGHT RED scarf. Something on the cheaper side if possible. Any ideas?
That's all for now! Happy HUMP Day everyone :-)
This always happens to me! I am motivated to exercise at the weirdest times! Oh and I have a paper to write too (stalling.... stalling....) but I can't stop thinking about running. Then what happens is tomorrow, I will try to run during the day and I won't be motivated! Argg! I wish I belonged to a gym that was open late... but I'm broke so I can't belong to one. I would run outside but I don't exactly live in the best of neighborhoods.
Does this happen to anyone else?
WOW - what a crazy weekend! I did SO much that it's going to be difficult to tell you about it all in one post, so I will use pictures when necessary :-)
I was sitting at home on Friday night feeling exhausted and trying to will myself to do my homework when my friend Brandi texted me and told me to stop being a loser and go out with her. So on a whim, I went out to Baltimore with some of her friends. One of her friends was having a birthday so it was great to go out and celebrate!
Remember how I have the need to be a tourist? Well, I finally decided to be one! I went to Old Town Alexandria with Dan for some shopping and touristy stuff. It was great, although EVERYTHING was expensive! Here are some of the highlights:
Yep! A pink motorcycle! I am not a huge pink freak, but I know most of you are so I thought you'd enjoy it! (I would prefer a green, purple, or yellow one!)
We went to a candy store and there was an ENTIRE ROOM dedicated to taffy! I LOVE TAFFY! I had to leave before I bought any! Mmmm and it smelled so good too :-) Oh and I also loved that store because the music was on really loud and the customers were dancing along with the sales associate. Pretty sweet right?
We eventually made it into a doggy bakery. I saw this "purse" and thought it was adorable! I miss my dog Jade so much and I would totally buy this for her! I did buy something though... for my ratties :-) Kilo had a birthday on September 1st (age 2) and we never properly celebrated! I bought 3 "mini-cakes" for my 3 boys and took some pictures. If you don't like rats, just please look at them with an open mind! They are adorable boys :-)
Happy birthday Kilo! "I am two years old." - Kilo
This is Thurston. He is always a little nervous about new things and people but he is improving everyday! I don't think his family before me was very nice to him. I got him from the Humane Society.
Spencer LOVED his cake! He is my youngest boy and I adopted him from a small animal agency. He loves life and is always trying to figure out new ways to escape!
OH! And I almost forgot. One of my dearest friends, M, has a bunny named Cubby and I babysat him all weekend - he is such a doll :-)
That is Cubby doing his "model pose".
Ohhh Sunday... Sunday was great actually! The only reason I say "Ohhh Sunday" is because I am dreadfully sore. Some friends and I went on a hike for Dan's best friend's birthday. We went to Shenandoah National Park and did a 7 and a 1/2 hour hike to Old Rag which is a HUGE hill/mountain. It was longer than I thought, but totally worth it. Here are some of my pictures from Sunday:
I wish I was a bird!
In other news (*sniff*) my purse was picked by someone. I am trying everyday to win a purse but maybe it's just not meant to be. I am still going to try though! Wm is NOT a quitter!
Anyways, that's my weekend in a nutshell. I hope you all had a fantabulous weekend as well!
So, one of my favorite radio stations is doing this Pick-A-Purse giveaway. I am so obsessed and I'm going to do EVERYthing to try and win this:
It's a Versace Pleated Patent Tote in Black. Oh man, it's a beauty. I seriously can't handle it. I mean, I guess if this one is gone, I can try for some other beauties like this:
They have specific times that you have to call in to try for one. I even texted them to "remind" me to call in (like I'll forget, but you never know!).
What's funny is that there are SO many purses to choose from and this beauty (along with the Dolce, Kate Spade, and other gems) is still there! People have picked ones that... well... aren't quite as good :-) Which is fine. Let me have the Versace ($1,600 purse!) please. Not you. Me.
I will keep you updated! Wish me LUCK! :-)
I plan on moving next year (which I know I haven't posted about yet but will elaborate on that soon) and it really got me thinking.
I currently live in one of the best areas in the US: Washington, DC. It's really amazing - there are always places to go, people to see, free museums to visit, excellent shopping, etc, etc. While I have done my share of exploring, a lot of my time here has been focused on school and work. With the realization of my move next year, I now understand that I haven't taken complete advantage of living here. There are so many places I haven't been like:
2) Arlington Cemetary
3) Old Town Alexandria
...just to name a few. I need to start being a tourist and being grateful for where I live! I know when I move, I will look back and miss being here and wish I would have explored more.
This Saturday, I am hoping to be a "tourist" and go sight seeing somewhere.
Has this happened to you? Have you lost touch with your city and want to become a tourist again?
a) be an animal lover (I am)
b) and eat meat (I do)
Just so you're fully aware: I eat meat. I love it. I LOVE cheese and don't get me started about ice cream. I really love it all. I can't say that I am ready for the transformation yet but I am almost there. Go over to Brandi's blog and see what she says.
There is so much involved with this. I really struggle with it everyday - I'm not lying. When I eat meat, I always think about where it came from and how inhumane those facilities are so I know I have an emotional connection but there are so many things around me that are not supportive in this. What would I eat? How expensive is it to "switch over"? These are answers that I am just not sure about yet and I'm damn scared. I obviously have more thinking to do and call me a hypocrite for continuing to eat meat, but I am being completely honest. I know I am contradicting myself and I need to see if I have it in myself to go a step further.
Last summer, I actually did try vegetarianism - it lasted only a week. ONE WEEK. Two things happened:
1. I wasn't fulfilled (I craved chicken fajitas!)
2. I felt faint (maybe I wasn't eating enough protein?)
A possibility could be that I start with eliminating meat products in general? Experiment with tofu? Make small changes until I know that I am ready? Keep dairy products (for now)?
There are so many questions.
I think it's time to reveal my favorite mascara. Thank you to Peeptoe Pumps and Pearls for asking!
This mascara has been very good to me through thick and thin. I have gotten many compliments and despite my love affair with all things Sephora, I have to say that Maybelline New York Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara in blackest black is my favorite.
I like this mascara because it goes on as thick or thin as I want it to (really, as THICK as I want it too!) but still manages to look natural and not clumpy. I love the curved brush too because it goes on easier than the regular. Oh and it's "America's #1 mascara" so why wouldn't you try it?
Of course, this mascara would not be complete if I did not use eyelash curler BEFORE applying the mascara (who wants a curler with black-mascara-gunk all over it anyways?).
What is your favorite mascara and why?
Until next time,
I haven't mentioned this yet, but my best friend S is getting married next September and I am in the wedding! It's going to be great many people will be there.
Anyways, we just got an email from her because she found our bridesmaid dresses! Take a look:
Cute right? It's in that color too - champagne. So classy and she said that it will make our waists look small (need all the help we can get right?).
Just wanted to share!
Saturday, I decided to meet my two lovely friends, R and L for lunch at the fabulous Tyson's Corner! I should have known before meeting them that, DUH, it wasn't JUST going to be for lunch because we usually shop afterwards... it could go something like this:
"chat, chat, chat during lunch..."
"Thanks for the bill..."
*looking around at each other*
"So... what are you guys doing now?"
"Okay, let's shop."
I love shopping with R and L because they shop just like me. In and out, in and out until we see something interesting, then we stop. We only really, really look if someone might actually buy something, which is great!
Here are my top buys:
Red purse... only $18! Perfect for when you wear a neutral outfit and want to add a pop of color!
Sephora, OMFG, Sephora (yea, like I would really go to Tyson's and not shop there...):
My goal at Sephora yesterday was to find: eye cream for night use, eye cream for day use with a HIGH spf, a primer, and possibly NARS lipgloss...
I succeeded all goals except I didn't buy the lipgloss because I couldn't find a shade that I really wanted and, frankly, I didn't have the patience to try it all on because it was a Saturday afternoon and it was busy! I will go back when it's less-chaotic.
I did find the eye stuff though. I asked for recommendations from many people and decided to go the cheaper route with the Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF 32 ($30), Bliss All Around Eye Cream ($28) and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($16 and was on the Best of Sephora list!)
Oh and I also HAD TO TRY the Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio in On Stage ($28) and Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil in a small container that they had for only $13.
I spent a lot. But it was well worth it because these products will LAST me ages and are good for my skin. As R put it, "they are an investment" - I gotta make sure I don't become wrinkly!
I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC Sunday!
Not only is there a horrific storm (Ike) going on in TX, but there was also a train wreck in the Los Angeles area. Two trains collided that weren't supposed to be on the same track. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?
I have tons of anger right now. I can't stop watching CNN.
Pray for those in TX.
Pray for those in CA.
I wish I could help,
One person I really admire in fashion is Kate Hudson. She has such an individual sense of style and says that she "wears whatever is comfortable." She always manages to look great too. I also read that she doesn't like trends and that she runs away from them. This is probably difficult considering she is a celebrity and can't help NOT being a trend setter!
Here are my guidelines for always dressing for myself and NOT the trends:
- Add color as you feel fit. It doesn't matter what color is in season, it matters on your mood! I am typically a happy person and when I am feeling really happy, I will wear bright colors like orange or green. If I wear a color that just-so-happens to be a trend, then, whatever.
- Wear clothes that remind you of previous experiences - like a tattoo. I recently became a huge scarf wearer. I know this is kinda trendy right now, but I don't care. This past summer, I went to Israel and bought tons of scarves because they are so huge there. I am continuing to wearing them and consider them fabric-jewelry.
- Dress realistically and comfortably. If I know I am going to be running around like a mad-woman all day, I'm not going to wear the latest heels. And guess what? If peep-toe (for example) is in season and they are not comfortable on my feet (a total lie, this is just an example!), you will not see me wearing them!
- Consider the 80's... big poofy dresses, big poofy/hairsprayee hair... You've seen the pictures and you've laughed. Those people gave into trends and guess what? They did not hold out to 2008. I would much rather look back in time and KNOW that I was dressing for myself and not other people. Let people laugh then.
In memory of the innocent and heroic souls that we lost 7 years ago,
I know that you love your reality TV shows and staying up late to read magazines and goof-off. Just please try to be respectful to me because I am really tired right now. So, tonight when you try to go to bed and instead start watching Bravo repeats, please remember this letter and go to sleep so I am not a complete zombie.
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
Mythbuster's or Family Guy
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Dan is picky and rarely orders salad, but I guess ranch
3. What's one food he doesn't like?
Pickles and tomatoes
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
Depends on the bar but usually Guinness, Cider, or something else unique to try
5. Where did he go to high school?
6. What size shoe does he wear?
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
movies, movies, and more movies
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
mac and cheese
10. What is his favorite cereal?
anything too preppy or pink
13. Who will he vote for?
I think Obama but we don't like to talk about politics much!
14. Who is his best friend?
Mike, Peter, Blake, David, Brad, Daniel
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
Worry too much
16. How many states has he lived in?
Two: TN and VA
17. What is his heritage?
Luck of the Irish!
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
Red Velvet with chocolate icing (I don't think he is too picky - he'll be more excited about me actually baking him a cake!)
19. Did he play sports in high school?
No... he did theater (still does!) :-) But I know he rode his bike a ton!
Reading. He reads a ton. He is really smart.
I can feel it.
It's creeping onto me like a sly snake just waiting to pounce.
I always know it will eventually happen at the start of every semester and today, I felt it. Ohhh I felt it hard and I was not in a good mood because of it. I am trying to see the positives and realize that tonight is the best night of television for one thing and I don't have a lot of work yet. Things to do tonight:
- Type of something for school
- Play with the ratties
- Make popcorn and eat it
- Watch Gossip Girl
- Watch TWO (yes TWO) episodes of The Hills (I missed the one on Sunday night - bummer)
- Attempt to go to sleep early
Where did all my optimism go?
- Best Concealer: Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face ($18)
- Best Foundation: Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation ($25)
- Best Powder: Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil ($19)
- Best Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36-$42)
- Best Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42)
- Best Eyeliner: Smashbox Cream Eye Liner ($22)
- Best Eyeshadow: Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio ($28)
- Best Mascara: Dior Diorshow Mascara ($24)
- Best Lipgloss: NARS Lip Gloss ($24)
- Best Lipstick: NARS Lipstick ($24)
- Best Blush: NARS Blush ($25)
- Best Bronzer: Benefit Cosmetics Boxed Powders Collection ($28)
- Best Eye Treatment: Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream ($59)
- Best Face Cleanser: Philosophy Purity Made Simple ($10-$40)
- Best Face Moisturizer: Philosophy Hope in a Jar ($15-$60)
- Best Skin Saviors: Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask ($52)
- Best Zit Zapper: Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy ($28)
- Best Body Cleanser: Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel ($22-$33)
- Best Body Moisturizer: Philosophy Amazing Grace Body Firming Emulsion ($34-$41)
- Best Sun Shield: Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA +++ ($33)
- Best Tress Refresher: Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleanser ($10-$24)
- Best Tress Tamer: Frederic Fakkai Glossing Cream ($20-$27.50)
- Best Fragrance for Her: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue ($30-$80)
- Best Fragrance for Him: Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme ($17-$95)
- Best Beauty Tool: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($19)
- Best Beauty Innovation: Smashbox O-GLOSS ($22)
- Best Natural Wonder: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk ($12-$18)
- Best Cult Must-Have: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($16)
- Best Beauty Addict's Write-in Fave: Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips ($18)
I understand that I am an "adult" and am "in grad school" but I still think (and will continue to think) that saying anything related to sex in the middle of class is funny! Is there anything wrong with that? I really do not think so. Why be so serious all the time? Well, I guess I can understand why being serious is important though. We need to respect the professor and not interrupt class. Oh well, I still thought it was funny and will ALWAYS think it's funny :-)
I do get a ton of food when I go grocery shopping but that's because I am trying to SAVE money and EAT healthily. I pack ALL my breakfasts, lunches and snacks and try my darnest to have every dinner at home. When I do this, I stay healthy, save money and lose weight.
But, did he really have to ask? REALLY? C'mon man...
Dan and I went to get some sunset pictures and instead, I got some pictures of a family fishing. It was such a peaceful experience.
I really like the one above for some reason because I feel peaceful just by looking at it.