9.07.2008

Best of Sephora!

THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE!

I got an email from Sephora naming the "Best of Sephora" for 2008! Yipee!

Here are the winners:

Best in Complexion:

  • Best Concealer: Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face ($18)
- I am a HUGE fan of Bare Escentuals and I am not at all surprised at this choice.
  • Best Foundation: Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation ($25)
- I use this and ever since I started, my face has been so clear and it feels cleaner. It really is so pure that you can sleep in it!
  • Best Powder: Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil ($19)
- I hate to admit this, but I haven't used this yet. Once I get money, I will probably start! Any comments about this?
  • Best Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36-$42)
  • Best Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42)
Best in Makeup:
  • Best Eyeliner: Smashbox Cream Eye Liner ($22)
  • Best Eyeshadow: Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio ($28)
  • Best Mascara: Dior Diorshow Mascara ($24)
  • Best Lipgloss: NARS Lip Gloss ($24)
- I keep hearing WONDERFUL things about this lip gloss! I want to try it, but I haven't had time to go to Sephora recently to test it out. I need to know what color to get! Any ideas?
  • Best Lipstick: NARS Lipstick ($24)
  • Best Blush: NARS Blush ($25)
  • Best Bronzer: Benefit Cosmetics Boxed Powders Collection ($28)
Best in Skin Care:
  • Best Eye Treatment: Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream ($59)
- If I had the money, I would buy this :-)
  • Best Face Cleanser: Philosophy Purity Made Simple ($10-$40)
  • Best Face Moisturizer: Philosophy Hope in a Jar ($15-$60)
  • Best Skin Saviors: Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask ($52)
  • Best Zit Zapper: Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy ($28)
  • Best Body Cleanser: Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel ($22-$33)
  • Best Body Moisturizer: Philosophy Amazing Grace Body Firming Emulsion ($34-$41)
  • Best Sun Shield: Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA +++ ($33)
Best in Hair:
  • Best Tress Refresher: Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleanser ($10-$24)
  • Best Tress Tamer: Frederic Fakkai Glossing Cream ($20-$27.50)
Best in Fragrance:
  • Best Fragrance for Her: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue ($30-$80)
  • Best Fragrance for Him: Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme ($17-$95)
Best Beauty Wows:
  • Best Beauty Tool: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($19)
  • Best Beauty Innovation: Smashbox O-GLOSS ($22)
- Okay this is the BEST INVENTION EVER! I pretty much wear it every time I go out. Oh and it looks good on everyone AND makes your lips feel like satin. Usually, I put on chapstick underneath lipstick or lipgloss but I feel no need with this stuff.
  • Best Natural Wonder: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk ($12-$18)
  • Best Cult Must-Have: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($16)
- I haven't tried this yet, but I bet it's amazing because Urban Decay is amazing! I am actually surprised that UD did not win more though. My favorite eyeshadow and liquid eyeliner is made by Urban Decay because their products go on like silk!
  • Best Beauty Addict's Write-in Fave: Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips ($18)
- hmmm... Considering my love affair with Bare Escentuals, it's probably about time I try this stuff!