10.09.2008

Free Hair Cut? Sure, Why not!

Hi all!

I got an email from my awesome hair salon about two weeks ago explaining that they had a "new phase of education" and they needed volunteers to get their hair cut FOR FREE! Then they showed a list of hair styles to choose from:

I had about shoulder length hair but I didn't mind shortening it so I thought I'd take the plunge! I really wanted the third one in the first row but by the time I called, it was already taken (boo!) so I tried for my second pick which was the second one in the first row. Well, they had that one available! (whee!)

So this morning (day off from school!), I showed up bright and early (8:30 am) to get my ears lowered. At first I was nervous because I don't want people "practicing" on my hair! I was relieved to realize that the person giving me my haircut was REALLY nice and HIGHLY supervised. The supervisor barely left us and my stylist was very open about asking for help. I guess this was a very precise hair cut. At one point there was like 6 other stylists looking at my head! I felt like some science experiment but it was all in good fun. When I was (finally) finished at NOON (yes, 3 and a half hours people!), they took pictures of my hair. Pretty crazy!

All in all it was a good experience. Would I do it again? Absolutely! Although, I think this will be the last "shorter" style I want to have for awhile. I really recommend doing this to anyone considering it. It's FREE and if your salon offers it then you should do it!

If you live in the DC area and want a free cut (and like one of the ones above) please let me know and I'll give you their contact info. They desperately want people who like the shorter styles so that's something to consider!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday! It's almost the weekend!

:-),

wm