10.16.2008

I Love Beer, I Love Bread... So, I Made Beer Bread!

Hello!

Tonight Dan came over and I cooked him a meal :-) I wanted to do something different and after some intense googling, I came up with "Beer Bread". Let me tell you, it was amazing. You know how they say that you win a guy through his stomach? Totally true! (Or, maybe Dan just LOVES bread). Here's the fabulous recipe that I used. (This is just one variation. Feel free to google "Beer Bread" and make the variation that suits you!")

Ingredients:

Beer (1 can, I used Miller Lite!)
Brown Sugar (1 tablespoon)
White Sugar (4 tablespoons)
Baking Powder (1.5 tablespoons)
Salt (1.5 teaspoons)
Flour (3 cups)
Butter (1.5 tablespoons, melted)

Mix all the dry ingredients (brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, salt, flour) in a large mixing bowl. Add beer. Mix (you can eventually use your hands) it all together. Get a 9x5 bread pan (greased) and pour the mixture in. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to rise. Before you put it in the oven, pour melted butter on the top. Leave it in the oven (350 F) for 50-55 minutes until the top is crusty.

It's really yummy so enjoy! I can't wait to have my leftovers tomorrow! :-)

wm