10.06.2008

Shopaholic, oh yes!

Hello all!

By now, you probably have seen the preview for the Confessions of a Shopaholic movie. If not, see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwAv00EZ-nM

The release date is February 19, 2009 and I am pretty stoked about this. In order to prepare, I recommend you get your hands on at least Sophie Kinsella's first Confessions of a Shopaholic book. Now, if you're busy like me and don't have time to read (I don't really... especially with school on me all the time!) I REALLY recommend buying or borrowing the audio book.


I typically do not like audio books because, frankly, the narrator can get on my nerves easily. They can really make or break the audio book in my opinion. However, the narrator of these books is BRILLIANT! I use that adjective because the narrator (Emily Gray) is this amazing woman with a hot British accent and I guarantee that by the end of listening to one of these books, you will be practicing (and perfecting) your British accent! BLOODY Brilliant! These books have taken me to and from home, work, school - you name it. The plots are light hearted and funny and the narrator does different voices (even American accents - she is impressive!) for the characters.

Once you read the books (and if you already have), you will realize that Isla Fisher is the absolute BEST choice of playing Becky Bloomwood (the main character). As soon as I saw the preview, I just knew. I just knew that this movie will rock my socks off. Remember her? She is the one from Wedding Crashers that was cuddling up to Vince Vaughn. She is hilarious!


I just thought I would share. Happy Tuesday everyone!

wm