11.08.2008

Tag and Brag!

Hello!

I don't know if I ever told you this, but "procrastination" is my middle name. In order to honor that (yes, I know it's a Friday night and yes, I have work to do!) I am going to follow up on some recent tags and awards I received! This makes me smile!

Monogram Chick recently tagged me for this book tag:

Here are the rules:

Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences...The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!!

The book I found was (luckily) an awesome book which I highly recommend:

by Cecelia Ahern

Starting at the fifth sentence on page 56, it says:

"Alex is like my little brother! You can't have!" "STEPHANIE! WE DIDN'T!" "Oh. Then what happened?"

I HIGHLY recommend this book. Do you recognize the author? She is the author of the novel P.S. I Love You which became a movie. She is an amazing writer and my favorite books from her are this one and P.S. I Love You.

I pass this onto: Pink Cupcake, Weight For Me!!, Puttin' on the G.R.I.T.S., The Preppy Engineer, and Dugout Daisy.

****************

I also received the Smile Award from one of my favorite bloggers, Jill, at Peeptoe Pumps and Pearls (go to her blog and see her awesome holiday background! It's beautiful!).

The qualifications to receive the award are:
A. Display a cheerful attitude
B. Love one another
C. Make mistakes
D. Learn from others
E. Be a positive contributor to the blog world
F. Love life
G. Love kids

The Rules:
1. Must link it back to the creator
2. Post the rules
3. Choose 5 people to give it to
4. Recipients must fill the characteristics above
5. Create a post to share this
6. You must thank the winner

I would like to pass this award to:

Living Simply So They Can Simply Live
Running Just as Fast as I Can
No Worries Wynn In Love
Confessions of a Control Freak
Third Coast Preppy

Thanks all! I have so much to finish up tonight (stressed) because tomorrow, I am escaping to a cabin in southern Virginia! I am so excited and need the getaway (even if it's only for a night). I will tell you all about it when I come back on Sunday. Until then, don't forget about my giveaway and have a fantabulous weekend!

xoxo,

Julie