2.19.2009

I Wear a Size Short

Today (well, Wednesday... as I type this it's 1:00 am on a Thursday), I went to the mall with one goal in mind:

Find sexy yet professional and petite (I'm short) dress pants for Boston next week, on a budget. Sounds simple right?

Wrong.

My first stop was to head into New York and Company because this past summer, I purchased two pairs of cropped dress pants and I absolutely love them. I walked into the store around 11:30 am and it was completely empty except for two sale ladies who proceeded to ignore me even though I was their only customer. Fine, whatever - I didn't want to be bothered because I was on a mission. I head over to the pants section and pull out a few different pairs. I head to the dressing room and none of them fit me. I thought they were all too small so I went and got a different size. Then, I had to do this about 3 times until I finally gave up. Each style was so different and I didn't have time to guess my size for crying out loud! New York and Company, you really disappointed me! So warning to you ladies: Don't buy their dress pants online! Try that shit on first.

Next, I head into Express where they simply do not have my size in a short. Gah! Is my size very popular or something? And why is it that on most of the coolest/newest styles, they don't even make a short pant? Not everyone is a regular size!

I gave up. It sucks when all I wanted was some hot dress pants but noooo, not possible. I did find some luck though (yes, this story gets a tad better) on Express's website. They carry some short sizes in new styles - even a wide pant! Yay.

Does anyone else struggle with this? I know you do! What's annoying is that on What Not to Wear, Stacy and Clinton would tell us to get everything hemmed. Who has that kind of money? I sure don't!

Oh the frustrations.

Julie