2.04.2009

Wearing Excitement

Good evening!

Running really does the body good. I just got back to my apartment after a successful treadmill run and I'm pooped but feel great. I run in my little exercise room downstairs (when I don't go outside) and it's nice but often annoying because there are other people so close by sometimes. I'm lucky to go when no one else is there so I can watch TV and be myself. Maybe I'm being obnoxious? Ah, who knows. Anyways, tonight there were people there and when I arrived, I got on the treadmill (luckily it was free) and awkwardly looked around for the remote. The girl on the elliptical next to me had it so I had to suffer through some sci-fi movie instead of watching my reality TV. Sigh. Anyways, that's besides the point.

I won a Shakespeare's Bride giveaway recently from Saving Money for a Wedding! I am thrilled because it came at the perfect time because my best friend S is getting married in September so I am gifting her these cards! These are the ones she picked out:

Bachelorette Party
Best Man
Rehearsal Dinner
Officiant
Flower girl

Please take a look at each of them because they're fabulous. I can't wait until I get married to pick out cards like these (well, I guess I have to get engaged first eh?).

Well, my plans for the night include cleaning, eating, studying, and sleeping. Just the essentials. I have to wake up early tomorrow for a last minute int*rpreting job at 8 am in the district (I'll have to leave by 7 am - eek!).

Before I leave you, I want to celebrate two awards that I received! I am so sorry that some of these are very belated but thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Both A Preppy Girl Meets World and Montana Musings of a Southern Girl gave me the Honest Scrap award. Thanks ladies!

Here are 10 honest things about myself:

1. I have two lovely sisters and I am stuck in the middle. From this, I have been known to have "Middle Child Syndrome".

2. I struggle with procrastination everyday in my graduate school work.

3. I am an Amer*can S*gn Language interpreter and received my bachelor's in that. Now, I'm doing psych*logy with an emphasis on working with deaf individuals.

4. I love popcorn and make it almost daily on my stove - the old fashion way.

5. I struggle with my weight everyday but have a good body image. I just want to stay healthy and that is my goal. I would actually hate to be super skinny.

6. It's very difficult for me to get out of bed in the morning. However, after the first 15 minutes of my day I am way too awake and super talkative.

7. My boyfriend, Dan, and I are celebrating our 3-year anniversary in March. I can't wait and everyday is better than the last with him.

8. I am obsessed with making sure my grammar in correct in my blogs. I am currently struggling with the possibility of using "and" at the beginning of a sentence. Since a blog is more laid-back, that should be okay right?

9. Last November, I stupidly dyed my hair black. The dye is STILL there at my ends and I wish I never did it. Don't do it! Black hair dye = bad news.

10. Sometimes when I'm in meetings or in class, I secretively makeover people in my head. I always want to call, "What Not to Wear" and hope that Stacy and Clinton randomly show up.

My new real-life and blogger friend Laura from Prone to Wander gave me this friend award. It means so much to me because it's proof that blogging brings you so much. I know Laura and I will get together again soon.

Thanks everyone!

Lovelies, I hope you have a great night. Don't forget to vote for Landlocked Mermaid for the Sweet Sensation Giveaway and vote for Clyde in the Humane Society Online Pet Photo Contest!

Sweet dreams,

Julie