2.02.2009

New Bloggers, Resources, and Twitter

Hello!

I know many of us are new to this whole blogging-thing and some of us are seasoned bloggers. I started this baby back in August and have been addicted ever since. If you are new to this or just want some more information about blogging in general, check out Problogger. This is an excellent resource for all types of bloggers. Don't be fooled: it's not only for bloggers who want to make money, they have resources for all types of blogging. They recently posted a new article especially for new bloggers which included a comprehensive list of resources (websites, books, etc) about beginner blogging.

Also, are you on Twitter? (Off topic: Are you following me? If not, follow away!). If you are a twitter user, follow Darren Rowse who is the guru behind Problogger and has excellent blogging resources on his tweets.

Speaking of Twitter, what is it exactly? I've been noticing that some people are indifferent. Twitter simply asks "What are you doing?" This resembles the Facebook status message although it's different in many ways. First, on Facebook you typically are "friends" with your real-life "friends" or at least people you've met or have a real-life connection to. On Twitter, you can be friends with anyone! For example, here are some of my twitter friends:

Photoexpert who gives daily photography tips
SteelersNFL with Steeler news and information
RunKeeper who gives information about an iPhone app about running
ForeverApril who gives makeup advice
nytimes with updated news you can use
nordstrom is even on Twitter!

What does this mean for you and your blog? Well, free advertising and yet another way to connect. Whenever I create a blog post, I will then "tweet" the post's link. Simple! It's amazing who you will find and who will find you and your blog. For example, do you remember my Nordstrom post? Somehow Nordstrom (on Twitter) found that post before we were Twitter friends and reposted it for me! From that tweet alone, I got new readers. For more information on Twitter, check out TwiTip which Darren Rowse runs as well (this guy is a serious guru!).

One last tid-bit. If you are a new blogger less than a month old, contact Newlywed Stilettos and let her know. She will then introduce you to the blogging world.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or leave a comment. If I don't know the answer, I will try to find you a resource for it.

hugs and kisses,

Julie