2.23.2009

Worst Hair Experience E.V.E.R.

Remember when I got my free hair cut back in October? Well, since then I haven't been keeping up with it because I've been low on cash. More recently (January), I had the worst hair experience ever.

Let me back up. The result of my free hair cut was this amazing asymmetrical style that was so me: simple yet unique. It was a precision hair cut because it was for the hair stylist's training which meant I was in the chair forever.

Anyways, this past December (or January?) I was in Ohio visiting my family and needed a cheap yet precise hair cut because I knew my free hair cut was growing out quick. Per my sister's recommendation I went to a place near my mom's house and it was the worst hair experience E.V.E.R.

Here's what went down:

- I walked into the place asking if they had any available appointments. It turned out they could fit me right in (score!).

- I sat in the chair while a woman who looked like the manager asked me what I wanted.

- "A trim" I say and quickly try to explain the "asymmetrical" part but I felt rushed (don't you hate that?).

- She "seemed" to get it and there she went... snip* snip* snip*... chewing gum... chatting with co-worker... looking around (not at my hair)... snip* snip*...

- Like 6 minutes later: "Done!" she says.

- Shit. That was way too fast - what just happened? So confused. I felt like I was on a rollar coaster and my eyes were blurred because of the fast scissor movements.

- I paid my $12 and I was on my way. Shit. Shit. Shit.

The result was terrible to say the least. My hair was awkward, strange, lop-sided (not in a good way), and random. Ugh.

Since then I haven't worn it down much (I should have went back, but I went out of town the next day).

Fast forward to today: I went back to the first salon that offered the free haircut and I told the nice stylist what happened and she felt really bad and we both laughed at the situation. It took awhile for her to figure out exactly how to fix my hair though - I felt like a challenging word problem that you have to think about from different angles in order to come up with the perfect solution.

Finally, she figured it out and I feel like a goddess. My hair is still asymmetrical (which I love) and I can't wait to wear it down again! :-)