3.04.2009

Blog Design is Like Finding the Perfect Outfit

As many of you are aware, I'm going through a blog face lift right now with a wonderful designer who I went to high school with.

Right now, we are in the final stages but I am just so damn picky that I always have something I want to change. Bless my designer's heart because I bet she cringes every time she gets a new email from me because it's always something. It feels like I have a huge night out and I have every shirt, jean, skirt, piece of jewelry, purse, etc at my fingertips in a whole array of colors and I can't make up my mind. Do I dress in all black but add a bright accessory? Should my shirt be my favorite color and my purse be of a different color but how do I know they match? As you can guess my problem is colors right now. What's the best background (what won't make people fall asleep), what colors go with the banner, what colors portray what... etc etc. I have found several articles on this topic about color psychology but I still cannot decide on anything for sure.

Has anyone else struggled with this? Do you have an expertise in color (if so, please email me)? Do you have any opinions about the background color of a blog?

Crapazoid. I feel like I'm all over the place!

If you don't feel like dealing with my blog drama (totally understandable) head over to Chocolate Shoes and Coffee and see some HANDMADE BRA'S (you will thank me for sending you). Danielle, thank you for emailing me!

xoxo,

Julie