3.28.2009

A GRAY hair?

Last November, I stupidly decided to dye my hair black. To make a long story short, it was dreadful and I tried so desperately to bring my hair back to its natural color.

More recently, I realized that indeed, I have achieved my pretty brown color yet again au naturale.

Yesterday, I discovered a gray hair.

WHAT?!

I am 24 years old. My mother didn't see her first gray until around late 30's (and is still not noticeably gray) and my dad found his mid-30's.

What is going on?

So I plucked it and examined it closely. From my observations it IS a gray hair but it also could be light blond. Today, I plucked ANOTHER one. I am not liking this vicious cycle.

Now I'm trying to decide what to do next. Do I dye my hair a semi-permanent color? Do I go to the salon? Do I leave it? I'm sure I'm the only one who notices but it does bother me.

Has this happened to anyone else at such a young age?

Julie

*Update: I re-examined my hair and I could be over-reacting. Geez I dunno! Maybe it's because my hair has been one color for so long and now it's back to my natural color which includes highlights? Eek I dunno.*