12.23.2008

Another Emergency?

Hello everyone,

Right now, I just so happen to not be mobile posting. Instead, I am using my grandfathers computer. I am being very careful with it because he does not like others using it (he doesn't understand technology too well hehe). Anyways, we arrived yesterday and life was good. We had a lovely casserole which my grandmother prepared and it was great.

Come midnight, I was just drifting off to sleep. I was content by the Jodi Picolt book I was reading and was happy to go to sleep considering I hadn't gotten a full nights rest the night before. All the sudden, my mom comes in the room and told me that my grandmother (not the same grandmother from my previous post... she is my mother's mom) was having chest pains and they didn't know what to do. I quickly ran upstairs to my grandparents bedroom and she was complaining of chest pain around her left arm. After much comtemplation and discussion (and how she does not like the hospital), we decided to take her to the emergency room. My mom and I took her in and I was happy to be there for her. We stayed until 4 am and they said she had to stay overnight and that she was probably fine and this was all precautionary. I mean, my grandmother is extremely healthy for being 85. She walks about 2 miles a day and eats healthy. Obviously, we weren't too worried.

Recently that all changed. About an hour and a half ago she called and basically we learned that she may have Coronary Heart Disease and indeed had a heart attack last night. Ugh. Double ugh... Right before Christmas? Really? She may have to have surgery... In one way I am happy it's happening now and not when we aren't here. My grandpa is not in the best shape himself so if he had to take care of this on his own, that would not be the best. In another way, it's during the holidays and her goal is to entertain and spend time with her family. I am just not in good spirits but I am trying to be optimistic. I have to be optimistic. She is having a surgery tomorrow to see what's going on inside her heart.

I wish this post wasn't so negative but it's a blog right? I am supposed to talk about what's happening in my life. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I love you all!

xoxo,

Julie