12.21.2008

Meet Me In St. Louie

Hello everyone!

Well, I made it to Ohio safely! Sorry I haven't posted much, I have been getting over my sickness and spending time with the family. I made it here yesterday around 5:30 pm and then babysat my nephew, Liam. I didn't do much - just held the walkie-talkie in case he made noises while he slept (which he didn't). Thank you for all the comments and words of encouragement for Kilo and I. He is in Virginia with Dan and apparently, it was a cyst. Dan took him to the vet yesterday and had it drained (ew, yea, I know). Then, once we thought our problems were over, the cyst grew again yesterday. We're just going to take it a day at a time. He may have to go in again tomorrow.

Today I woke up and took my car to get a tire changed. Before I left DC, Jiffy Lube told me that one of my tires had a bubble in it. Not to sure what meant... but it did look bubbly (I may have hit a curb or something)! So, I changed it because we are driving a long way tomorrow and I don't want to risk anything. Then this morning, my dad had my sisters, my brother-in-law, Liam, and I over for breakfast. It was really nice - he cooked eggs and muffins! Yum!

Tonight, I made pizza using my new Pampered Chef Bar Pan for my family! It was a hit! I made their Caprese Pizza and mmm... it was delicious! I did, however, burn myself while taking the pizza out of the oven (ouch!).

Then... (*drum roll please*) I gave my mom and her husband their Christmas gift:

A BLURB WEDDING ALBUM!

With inspiration from Blue-Eyed Bride, I was able to put together a ONE of a KIND wedding album for my mom and her hubby! I'm not sure I've mentioned this before, but my mother got remarried last March. The wedding was very low-budget and included close friends and family. I was the photographer (I am very amature but LOVE doing it!) and I took about 300 pictures using my Nikon D40 that day. My mother hadn't put anything together yet so I went ahead and did it myself. The album turned out splendid! I totally recommend Blurb for albums you may need in the future. It's so simple and fun to use!

Well friends, it's 9:47 pm and I need to close this post. I am waking up at 2:30 am to drive the 9 hours to St. Louis to visit my grandparents in St. Louis. I can't wait to see everyone and for them to meet Liam! Also, I am not sure if I will have internet so I will be attempting some mobile posts from my iPhone. I may be testing this tonight.

If for some reason I don't post, have a LOVELY holiday with your friends and family! I will be back in Ohio on the 27th!

hugs and kisses,

Julie