12.08.2008

I Just Need to Admit It

Hello,

I just need to come out and say it: I am terrible at gift wrapping. There. I said it. I feel better now.

Today, I had the pleasure of finalizing my swap gift for Champagne and Sundresses. As I was wrapping, I decided that I needed to admit my faults to my fellow blogging friends. My wrapping skills just suck. I don't think I will ever be as good as my mother or as Hopsy. Until then, I will try so hard. I will try over and over until it looks somewhat alright. I usually wrap my gifts until they look good from far away. Maybe I should add embellishments to hide my flaws? Not sure. Oh, I wish I could be a good wrapper! When I had problems wrapping growing up, my mom would tell me, "It's all about geometry and angles." Well, I guess I was never good at geometry. One time I even got a seasonal job working for a clothing store. At that job, we were required to gift wrap the merchandise for our customers. At one point, my manager just said, "No, Julie. I'll just do it." Ugh. Until then, I will go by the saying:

"It's not on the outside, but on the inside that counts."

I am very proud of my swap gift and I hope that she likes it anyways. :-) If anyone has any step-by-step directions (really broken down folks) on how to wrap, please let me know!

Lots of <3,

Julie