1.21.2009

198th Post

Hola,

This is my 198th post! With everything happening right now, I completely missed that I am close to 200. I want to do something fun on my blog to mark this milestone, but it will have to wait until my life lightens up a bit.

I hate to make this post depressing (I feel like it's becoming a trend), but I need to vent. This morning, I got onto Facebook and someone (who I am "friends" with and honestly don't really know) had on their status message "RIP Officer Jarod D***". I paused and I thought "No... it couldn't be..."

Jarod was one of my friends from high school, we lost touch for a few years and then this past summer reunited at a random meeting while I was out to dinner. He became a police officer out of high school and really enjoyed it. On Monday morning at 5 am, he was called to clear debri from a previous car accident. He parked his car on the side of a highway and was struck by a truck while doing his job. He died instantly and was 24.

It's just amazing how in one split second you can lose your life. Just. Like. That.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and words of encouragement about my grandfather. I am still feeling pretty numb about it - I'm sure that will change. The service is tomorrow in Pittsburgh. Dan and I are driving separately (he's taking a day trip) and I plan to then drive to Ohio to stay with my family for the weekend. Saturday morning is Jarod's service so I will most likely attend.

On a brighter note, I have will be having a guest blogger talk about running in the cold! I am very excited because I'm usually clueless when it comes to exercising outside. I hope you will enjoy what she has to say.

Please forgive me if I don't post regularly for the next few days.

xoxo,

Julie