1.13.2009

Dan and Strange Movie Weirdness

My boyfriend, Dan, has tons of movies. Tons. One time I counted about 150 (right babe?). Anyways, most of those movies I do not care for (actually, I probably like about 10 and most I haven't seen!). Why is this? Well, I am very weird about my movie watching. During a recent conversation about movies, Dan said he felt I never like the movies that he wanted to watch. I completely disagree! I love his movies - I do. BUT, I am weird about new movies. I don't know how to explain it - I just am. Here is a list of my movie weirdness (most of it is unexplainable):

- I do not like watching movies with a group of friends it I haven't seen the movie yet. When a movie comes on that I really want to watch, I need it to be quiet. I need to focus. I become distracted easily and become confused if people around me are talking! When this happens, I ask questions and therefore frustrate people. This is why I prefer watching movies I've already seen with a group of people.

- I have to be in the right mood to watch a new movie. If Dan is promoting an action-thriller-comic-book-maybe-there-is-nudity movie to me, I may not be too interested if I'm not in the right mood. I can't explain it - that's just how I am! (Sorry baby!)

- I do not like buying movies UNLESS it's a movie I will watch over and over. (examples: Devil Wears Prada, Mama Mia, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Italian Job, etc).

Is anyone as strange as I am? Trust me, I am working on this strange movie-illness that I have. Maybe I need to see someone.

A few days after that conversation (well, after many movie-related conversations!), Dan texted me and said that he bought me a gift. I arrived at his house and he bought me Sleepless in Seattle! Now (don't judge me - PLEASE), I HAVE NOT SEEN SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE. He assumed I had seen it and his jaw dropped when I told him I hadn't. Why did he buy it? So, he could have a movie on hand that I would enjoy :-) How sweet is that? Seriously I have the best boyfriend ever. Yes, we have our ups and downs (um, which relationships don't?), but I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to watch it with him.

kisses,

Julie

**UPDATE! The movie Dan bought me was When Harry Met Sally and NOT Sleepless In Seattle! I got the two confused! Oops!**