1.06.2009

Crepes and Some Thank You's!

Hello everyone!

Last night, I had dinner with four of my girl friends and it was great! We got some free wine, had drinks, laughs and even made fun of the Olive Garden commercials!

"L passes the bread sticks as R tosses the salad! (annoying laughter!) And out entree's? As different as we are! (more annoying laughter)" "When you're here, you're family." (HAHAHA! annoying laughter...)

Today, I had an amazing lunch and I recommend this place to any DC-er's out there. In a previous post, I told you about a crepe's place I went to where the crepe's were fabulous! Guess what? This place is now in DC at Dupont Circle. It's called Crepes-a-Go-Go and it's so yummy and the atmosphere is charming. My friend M couldn't wait to dig in:

The crepe pictured is one of the "savory" crepes. The best part are the "sweet" crepes which we saved for dessert of course! I don't have a picture because we were so excited to dig in that I completely forgot to take one. Mmmm...

When I got back to my apartment, I had a package waiting for me! I recently won Kate's giveaway over at Nautical by Nature. I won Vera Bradley stationary and a white board! Check it out:

I am so excited to start using these. I do plan to save the note cards for my internship next year. They will be great for notes/reminders to give to co-workers! Thank you so much Kate, you made my day!

Also, Piper over at Steaks & Cakes sent me some Clinique goodies which I am so not deserving of. My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I got these in the mail:

Now, this photo does not give her package justice. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture as soon as it came in the mail. Basically, that little case was jam-packed with everything you could think of from Clinique. Now, they are scattered amongst my makeup bag and purses, etc. Piper, thank you so much. You are a true gem and if anyone out there has not visited her blog yet, go and see it (you will love floral design!)!

Next, I won another giveaway from the Preppy Engineer which I have been wanting to post about since I received it:

It's a La Plate! The reason I couldn't post about it was because I gave this plate to my new nephew, Liam, for Christmas and my sister could have been reading my blog. Liam is so tiny that it was more for M (my sister) and her family for Christmas's to come. M loved the gift and Liam did too (or, more he enjoyed the wrapping paper for being only 6-months old!). Thank you so much Preppy Engineer! Please visit her blog - it's so fun and she has tons preppy news and views that I'm sure will love!

I received another award recently from Lis Loves!

Thank you Lis! If you have not visited her blog yet, please do. She is hilarious and you can totally relate to her!

Also, Tina from Life's a Journey gave me an award!


Thank you so much Tina! I really appreciate it. Readers, be sure to check out her blog! It's a treat and her background is very cool.

Well, I'm going to go eat something. I have Olive Garden leftovers! Does anyone else just really want to eat a ton? Before the holidays I was not so hungry, and now I just want to eat. So now I'm going to go heat up some leftovers and watch the Biggest Loser.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday night!

xoxo,

Julie